Monday 4 August 2014

Worldbuilding Day 3: Mood and Setting

The exercise for today is to develop the mood and theme on the basis of four words: two adjectives, a noun, and a verb. My setting can be summed up with the words 'mysterious mountainous megadungeon mapping'. I would rather use exploration than mapping, but you can not fight the power of alliteration.

I am only supposed to pick one climate to express the mood of my setting, but this is a story about exploration, and dozen climates that I listed during the Climate & Variety day are coherent  to my vision. Over the last few months, and during a nice tropical vacation, I have seen some sights that I would love to include in a game, but they do not fit the concept of my setting. This match-up of climate with mood will help keep me focused on my design document principles.

No comments:

Post a Comment